Technical Support Engineer
£27,000 + Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity for you, an experienced IT Technical Support Engineer / Application Support Engineer to join a leading Software company in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for you to have strong Technical Support experience, excellent communication and a background supporting local and cloud-based systems.
The support will mainly focus on telephone (helpdesk), remote / hosted and email and some deskside support too. You will also be involved in some installation work too at client sites. It would suit an Application Support Engineer or Technical Support with strong software skills.
Key responsibilities for Technical Support / Application Support Engineer will include:
- Provide high quality technical support to customers and field support.
- Respond to clients within set SLA periods
- Demonstrate excellent customer communication to ensure they are kept informed.
- Occasional on-site support where required for installations.
Key Technical Requirements for Technical Support Engineer
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Embedded, Windows Server 2008, 2012, Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012. Experienced in the installation of server side and client-side hardware device drivers.
- Knowledge of setup and configuration of Server configurations both physical and virtual servers to include the setup and configuration Microsoft server operating systems web services and SMTP, IIS, HTTP, HTTPS and DNS services.
- Ideally you will have a working knowledge of thin client technologies such as VMWare, Windows Terminal Services and Citrix Xenapp.
In return for your skills, you will be working for an outstanding organisation and benefit from ongoing training and career development.
This position will go quickly, so if you are an experienced Technical Support Engineer, 2nd line, Application Support Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer or in a similar IT Support position, then please send your CV to me today.