£32,000 + Full Benefits
The Windows System Engineer is an exciting opportunity for you, an experienced and qualified Systems Engineer to be a part of the ICT department; to manage, monitor and maintain IT systems as necessary in a predominantly third line technical support role.
You will be Joining a friendly team and become part of a forward-thinking IT department. We are keen to recruit talented individuals who are passionate about helping us to deliver the highest standards of ICT.
The successful applicant will be a team player with practical skills along with a positive approach, excellent customer service expertise and a can-do attitude.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week including some Saturday mornings from time to time.
Duties will include:
- Administration of Group policy and Active directory management.
- Administration of the virtual and physical environment
- Administration of backup, virus protection and security procedures.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve server and application errors
- Diagnose hardware problems, effect repairs and upgrades and conduct preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that detailed documentation is kept e.g. of steps taken to resolve issues
- To support the work of the Server Engineer and to provide expertise to the ICT team
- Support/train staff and students where relevant
- A minimum of 5 year’s proven experience in a similar 3rd line role
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and server management.
- Good knowledge of networking.
- Good knowledge of backup systems
- Good knowledge of Office 365 / Exchange Management
- Good knowledge of Server / Computer hardware
- Knowledge of software imaging process
- Knowledge of image deployment and patch management
- Windows OS rollout
- Windows Azure
If you are an experienced Systems Engineer with strong Windows System experience including Active Directory, Server skills, Office 365 and desktop support, then please send your CV to me today.