Support Engineer NOC Level 1
To £24,000 + Bonus + Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity for you, an experienced Support Engineer NOC Level 1, Service Desk Analyst or Helpdesk Engineer with a focus on Networking (LAN, WAN AND WLAN), to join a leading IT organisation’s NOC team based in Basingstoke.
You will be joining an ever growing and progressive NOC providing support to a wide range of customers from both the Public and Private Sector.
As a Support Engineer NOC Level 1, Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support Engineer / Helpdesk Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Forming part of network-oriented service delivery team, reacting to customer requirements for implementation, changes and technical support
• Actively monitoring customer networks, and promptly acting on service impacting alerts and issues
• Taking ownership of service-impacting issues for a customer’s network, and working with the NOC team resolving the issue effectively whilst keeping the customer updated
• Supporting the NOC team to develop, implement and enhance technical support policies and processes
• Contributing to technical documentation, solutions, templates and fixes
• Death in service
• Ongoing training and career development
• Childcare voucher scheme
• 22 days holiday rising to 25 days
• Onsite parking
In order to be successful in your application for the Support Engineer NOC Level 1 / Service Desk / Helpdesk Engineer, you should have:
• Providing basic/1st Line support with a focus on WAN/LAN/WLAN
• Providing outstanding ongoing technical support to customers
• Problem-solving basic networking issues
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting networking equipment
Advantageous but not essential:
• Experience working in a NOC or Service Desk, especially in logging and resolving issues
• Basic networking skills such as the setup of Wireless access points, switches, routers and firewalls.
• Familiarisation with monitoring toolsets (e.g. PRTG) and alert management
In addition, you must be positive, customer focused outlook and take pride in finding solutions and working within a team looking to provide a great customer experience.
If you are an experienced Support Engineer – Level 1 / NOC / 1st Line Support/First Line Support Engineer / Service Desk Analyst, Helpdesk Engineer based in or around Basingstoke, please send your CV to me today!