£50,000 + Car / Allowance + Bonus + Full Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced IT Solutions Manager with a technical background, to join a leading IT Service provider in Birmingham.
This is a key role within the organisation, having chief responsibility for the requirements gathering, designing, deploying, and upgrading of IT solutions that meet customer requirements. This is a highly visible role with regular interaction with Senior Leadership Team and senior customer stakeholders; and will require you to have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to perform under pressure.
As the Solutions Manager, you will carry a range of technical and team-management responsibilities, including:
- Ensuring that the overall performance of the team meets the customer requirements, regarding designing, deploying, and upgrading IT solutions.
- Being an effective Line Manager, including maintaining regular formal 1-2-1s, developing training plans, objective setting, and performance reviews with direct reports
- Providing technical leadership in server and storage technology, in the context of gathering customer requirements, creating high-level designs (solutions), and building quotations
- Owning and contributing to Tender/Bid Response activities, regarding the technical solution & pricing.
- Liaising with new prospects to discuss requirements in order to achieve a ‘best fit’ solution.
- Working more closely with Recovery Specialists to ensure all interests are accommodated with solutions
- Ensuring our contractual obligations can be met and providing management reporting to Board Level
- Supporting the Service Desk to develop, implement and improve technical support tools, work instructions and processes.
Essential skills for the Solutions Manager
You need to have demonstrable experience in the following:
- Managing a highly technical team of engineers & senior engineers
- Driving objective setting, writing job descriptions, and conducting performance reviews
- Engaging with senior stakeholders and owning high-visibility activities and projects
- Participating in Bid/Tender content writing
- Virtualisation: VMware / Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 / 2019
- Storage: Familiarity with Server Storage technologies and protocols: SAN / NAS, Fibre Channel / iSCSI, storage tiering, Redundancy
- Solution design: demonstrable experience in architecting mid-range server / storage solutions.
- Backup: Understanding of backup technologies and terminology
- Happy to travel as you will need to manage the Southern office - potentially once a week.
In addition, any experience or skills including ITIL v4, Bid Frameworks, Service Contracts, HPE Server and Storage technologies, DR, SQL and virtualisation qualifications would be extremely useful.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an outstanding company and will go quickly, so if you are an IT Solutions Manager or similar, with a technical background and excellent customer skills, please send your CV to me today.