Senior Solutions Engineer
£50,000 + Car / Allowance + Bonus + Full Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced and Senior Solutions Engineer with a strong technical background, to join a leading IT Service provider in Basingstoke.
This is a key role within the organisation, having responsibility for the requirements gathering, designing, deploying, and upgrading of IT solutions that meet customer requirements. This is a highly visible role with regular interaction with Senior Leadership Team and senior customer stakeholders; and will require you to have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to perform under pressure.
As the Senior Solutions Engineer, you will carry a range of technical and team-management responsibilities, including:
- Providing technical leadership in server and storage technology, in the context of gathering customer requirements, creating high-level designs (solutions), and building quotations
- Owning and contributing to Tender/Bid Response activities, regarding the technical solution & pricing
- Liaising with new prospects to discuss requirements in order to achieve a ‘best fit’ solution
- Working more closely with Recovery Specialists to ensure all interests are accommodated with solutions
- Ensuring our contractual obligations can be met and providing management reporting to CEO Level
- Supporting the Service Desk and colleagues to develop, implement and improve technical support tools, work instructions and processes
Essential skills for the Senior Solutions Engineer
You need to have demonstrable experience in the following:
- Developing pricing models for IT services
- Engaging with senior stakeholders and owning high-visibility activities and projects
- Participating in Bid/Tender content writing
- Virtualisation: VMware / Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 / 2019
- Storage: Familiarity with Server Storage technologies and protocols: SAN / NAS, Fibre Channel / iSCSI, storage tiering, Redundancy
- Solution design: demonstrable experience in architecting mid-range server / storage solutions, for large/complex requirements
- Backup solutions (e.g., Veeam), and understanding of backup technologies and terminology.
In addition, any experience or skills including ITIL v4, Bid Frameworks, Service Contracts, HPE Server and Storage technologies, DR, SQL and virtualisation qualifications would be extremely useful.