Senior 2nd Line Support Engineer
£30,000 to £35,000 + Benefits including 10% Pension, free parking.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, a Senior 2nd Line Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, to join a truly fabulous organisation – full details on application.
Working closely with the IT Manager, you will be responsible for providing full IT Support and ensuring the smooth running of the infrastructure at all times. Also, to help the organastion to keep on top of it’s ever changing IT requirements.
As the Senior 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the IT manager to support management of the network, including supervision of the IT support desk
- Acting primarily as 2nd line support (1st if required) and as the escalation point for more serious or technical issues
- Working with 3rd party vendors and providers on maintenance and management of servers, network infrastructure, hardware and software
- Set-up and support of external WiFi
- Support related IT peripherals such as till systems etc
- Mentoring and training to junior IT Engineers
- Take ownership or assist with IT project work
In order to be successful in your application for the Senior 2nd Line Support Engineer position – Technical Support post, you should have:
- Support co-ordination and supervisory experience in a technical support capacity
- Knowledge and experience of Active Directory/Azure AD, Microsoft Exchange/Exchange 365, Microsoft Teams, Hyper-V, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Group Policy, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019, Office 365 applications
- Mobile technologies including iPhone/iOS and Android (phone/tablet)
- Knowledge and experience of working in a remote desktop environment (Citrix WorkSpace/Receiver, RDS/RDP, TeamViewer)
- Experience of working with network switches, cabling and fault finding
- Strong analytical abilities and a creative approach to problem solving
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer service skills
- Support the IT manager in planning and prioritising the team workloads
- Driving licence essential
If you are an experienced Senior 2nd Line Support Engineer, Senior IT Support Engineer, or similar, looking for an exciting new opportunity for a fantastic organisation, please send your CV to me today as this position will go quickly.