£50,000 to £65,000 + Excellent Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced Infrastructure and Security Engineer, to be responsible for the daily management and implementation of a secure, reliable network and systems infrastructure. You will also provide second and third level technical support, acting as a point of escalation for the IT Operations team.
The role is responsible for problem analysis, documentation, resolution, as well as execution and management of IT projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Operational management duties for Infrastructure and Security Engineer
- Management of the global network infrastructure. Activities include configuration and management of network switches, routers, firewalls, virtualised environment, servers, etc.
- Monitoring of network infrastructure performance, identification of bottlenecks, optimisation of infrastructure functions, and drafting of related policies and guidelines
- Introducing and integrating new technology into existing data centre environments.
- Participate as a member of the Cyber Security Incident Response Team, responding to and helping manage cyber security incidents.
- Ensure the IT Infrastructure, its data, files, and applications are protected against known threats and attacks
- Review and make recommendations to provide adequate levels of IT security in line with best industry practice and/or in response to new cyber threats.
- Provide technical support to staff on infrastructure and security related concerns.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Manage, monitor and maintain backups, and patching processes.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
Education & Certification
- Diploma or university degree in computer science and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Industry recognized Certifications in Networking, Microsoft, and Cyber Security related fields
- (CISSP, CCNA, MCSE)
Knowledge & Experience for the Infrastructure and Security Engineer position
In depth technical knowledge and experience of network and server architecture in a multi-site environment covering:
- Working with complex infrastructure solutions
- Experience working in a global environment covering multiple regions, languages and time zones.
- Active Directory and Windows Server environments
- Microsoft 365 / M365 experience including Azure AD (Azure AD Tenant) and Exchange Online
- Deep knowledge and understanding virtualization environments, specifically VMware including Storage (SAN) and Backup technologies
- Network hardware experience, routing, switching, VLAN’s
- Experience with application and operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, penetration testing, intrusion prevention systems and other security control systems for example PAM, SIEM, IDR etc.
- Meraki Firewall knowledge and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of End User Computing environments including deployment, patching and automated management.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic and remote support utilities
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems
- Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL
- Strong project management skills
This is an outstanding opportunity which will go quickly so if you are an experience, IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer, please send your CV to me today.