Helpdesk Engineer 24 x 7 shift pattern
£25,000 and £28,000 depending on experience + benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced Helpdesk Engineer / Service Desk Engineer, to join a leading Networking Company based near Manchester, providing Network Support to a wide range of companies UK and worldwide.
With guidance, support and training and working as part of a team, you will be responsible for providing 1st line network support, with duties including:
- BAU 1st Line and project-based network support
- Providing detailed advice and guidance to all customers in the effective use of systems, products and services
- Identify and investigate complex problems. Diagnose underlying causes and help customers to recover and continue operation
- Escalate any issues that cannot be immediately resolved and interface between the client and service providers
- Ensure to follow the processes for ticket management: opening, updating, passing, resolving and closing tickets, and identify and address through training any knowledge/skills gaps.
Technologies Supported once trained will include:
GDPR Compliant Guest Wi-Fi, SD WAN Networks, Managed Wi-Fi/LAN Infrastructure, Broadband / Leased Lines, Network Security, PCI Consultancy and structured cabling.
Hours of Work for the Helpdesk Engineer / Service Desk Position
Shifts are a 4-on-4-off rotation pattern, working 07:00 to 19:00 and rotation 19.00 to 07.00
In order to be successful in your application for the Helpdesk Engineer / Service Desk position, it is essential that you have:
Skills & Experience for Helpdesk Engineer / Service Desk Position
- Have experience of a Helpdesk / Service Desk Environment
- Some Networking experience – ideally Network Support
- Have the ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Hardware and software deployment experience
- Good attention to detail
- Mature in outlook
- Confident and excellent communication skills with a professional telephone manner
- Ability to demonstrate a practical approach when faced with problems or challenges
- Must be committed and willing to learn
- Enthusiastic and Self-Motivated
- Excellent timekeeping, reliable and trustworthy
These positions will go quickly, so if you are an experienced Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, 1st Line Support, Network Support or Technical Support Engineer, with some Networking skills and happy working on a 24/7 service desk – 4 days on 4 days off, then please send your CV to me today.