Head of IT
£70,000 + Comprehensive Benefits shown below
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced Head of IT, to join a leading organisation in Reading, to head up their busy and challenging IT Department.
- Managing a team of 6 IT professionals
- Full Budget and Expenditure responsibility
- Day to Day Operational Management
- Managing the IT Strategy for both IT Dept and the Company as a whole.
- Direct the effective deployment of IT operational resources in: support, technical, operational, project planning, budget and administrative areas
- To ensure the integrity and security of data to be processed or allowed onto the system
- Analysing and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Develop operational service levels and policies through negotiation with the business.
- Ensure that the services provided by the department meet the requirements.
- Responsibility for the quality of IT service and the provision of direct support to users.
- Ensuring adherence to standards, policies, methodologies and processes
- Understand the business requirements and ambitions of the firm and translate them into an IT strategy and programme of initiatives.
- Develop and maintain the annual business plan for the department
- Identify opportunities where the department can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the firm or the service it provides to its clients
Resource and Financial Management
- Direct line management of the IT Department resources
- Set and manage the annual budget for the department
- Manage and develop third party support relationships and contracts.
- Locate, manage and review external suppliers of software, hardware, training and consultancy.
- With appropriate authority to purchase computer hardware, software, ancillaries and peripherals.
- Promote the products and services of the IT department
- Act as a focal point for communication with the business for departmental activities.
Benefits for Head of IT
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive Pension scheme
- Life Assurance - 5 x final salary
- Private medical cover
- Permanent health insurance
- Access to season ticket travel loan and cycle to work schemes
In order to be successful in your application for the Head of IT, you should have at least 10 years’ experience in a similar, senior position. You should have key skills as follows:
- Must be articulate and confident in communicating at all levels within the organisation and to large groups of people both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand, explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Ability to analyse and explain the risks involved in using, or not using, IT solutions to business or organisational problems.
- Experience of managing people both at a technical and non-technical level.
- Strong leadership experience, including interviewing, team briefing and excellent presentation skills.
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- Exhibits a broad and deep IT knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the activities of those businesses and other organisations that use and exploit the services
- Experience in the management of relationships with third party suppliers.
- Negotiation of contracts and management of suppliers
- Experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels from team members to senior executive levels.
- Good analytical skills, able to identify and resolve complex problems.
- Proven track record in project delivery. Must be capable of managing programmes of work, diverse subjects.
- Detailed knowledge/appreciation of IT.
- Proven understanding of the techniques of system development and service management disciplines.
- Knowledge of relevant technologies within IT Infrastructure.
- Experience of supervising and managing a multi-disciplined IT and business teams.
- Staff motivation, training, recognition and counselling to enable a multi-disciplinary team to effectively work in harmony.
- Flexible and adaptable.
This really is an outstanding opportunity which will go quickly, so if you are a Head of IT, IT Director or Senior IT Manager looking for an exciting new challenge, please send your CV to me today.