Disaster Recovery Field Engineer
Basingstoke / South East
£33,000 + £5k Car Allowance + Overtime + Call Out
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced Disaster Recovery Engineer / Business Continuity Engineer to join a leading IT Company covering a wide range of customer sites mainly across the South East but also further afield when required.
This position is an even split between Disaster Recovery and regular IT support / IT system management.
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity:
- Responding to and assisting with recovery of customer data or systems during invocations
- Carrying out a rehearsal of a customer’s Disaster Recovery processes and documentation
- Reporting any recommendations that can be made to Client recovery processes
- Testing of new and returned systems, as well as maintaining equipment movements/changes within asset management tool
- Occasional delivery of Disaster Recovery systems or other Customer equipment
- IT Support / Field Service
- Server Administration
- Networking – Configuring switches and routers
- Desktop – imaging, installations.
In order to be successful in your application for the Disaster Recovery Field Engineer position, you should ideally have a background in Disaster Recovery / Business continuity with skills around backups, Wintel disaster recovery, system restores, but also happy getting involved in day to day IT work from configuring switches to Active Directory work and Desktop support, installs and imaging.
You must be happy to travel. Most of the work is Project orientated at customer sites. Overtime, standby and travel are all paid.
It is a varied and rewarding position for an outstanding team as part of a thriving organisation.
If you are an experienced Disaster Recovery Engineer / Field Service Engineer, who is happy getting involved in full Business Continuity but also other areas of IT such as Networking, Server Admin and Desktop work. And if you are happy traveling and with some staying away, then please send your CV to me today.