3rd Line Technical Consultant
£30,000 to £40,000 + benefits including healthcare plan, competitive company pension scheme & training and certifications plan.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced 3rd Line Technical Consultant to join a leading IT Managed Service Company based close to Reading in Berkshire.
This is a vital and senior role where you will become a trusted advisor to clients and help advise them on best practices and modern IT trends. You are expected to work independently as well as part of a team and make use of their experience and initiative to meet and deliver the clients requirements.
This is an office-based position with some client visits as and when required.
As the 3rd Line Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Design, implement and project various local and cloud infrastructure projects
- Work on second and third level IT issues until completion either remotely or on site.
- Provide a technical point of escalation for the service desk.
- Work with other functions within the business to help identify issues and requirements with a view to continued service improvement
- Support and install approved hardware, software and services as per sold solution
- Keep up to date with IT trends and technologies
- Work within SLA timeframes and manage escalated tickets within defined timelines
- Prioritisation of workload
- Where required, provide technical presales to clients and account managers
- Ensure work is completed in line with KPI targets and personal objectives.
In order to be successful in your application, you should have:
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSA or MCSE)
- Experience troubleshooting/supporting technologies such as:
Windows 2008/12/16 | Windows 10/7 | Hyper-V | Microsoft Exchange | Office365 | Active Directory | Group Policy | VPN | Firewalls | Switching | General comms | Backup products | Security Products | Server/PC Hardware faults
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Available to work occasional irregular hours
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the role
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Will need to be able to prioritise their own workload
- A full and preferably clean driving license
- Advanced Hyper-V or VMWare experience
- Advanced skills in modern networking (routing, switching, firewall etc.)
- Networking certifications
- Security awareness and training
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) experience
- Design and implementation of network security solutions, firewalls and switching
- Design and implementation of Active Directory and Group Policies
- Migration between various versions of Windows servers and applications
- Experience of using, supporting and migrating clients to Office365
- Experience in installing and migrating Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of SonicWALL security appliances or other similar products
This is a fantastic opportunity working for a leading IT company and will go quickly. If you are a 3rd Line Engineer / Technical Consultant, please send your CV to me today.