2nd Line Support Engineer
Gosport - Nr Portsmouth
£31,500 + Bonus + Ongoing Training and Development
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer with a passion for solving IT issues and with excellent customer skills, to join a leading IT company on a prestigious MOD contract.
As the 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will be responsible for the support of a wide range of IT equipment including Device, Computer, Network and Applications to provide a comprehensive IT Support service to end users. This will include:
- Providing 2nd Line support
- Resolution of reported faults escalated to 2nd Line Support within agreed SLAs
- Ensuring all actions carried out on tickets are recorded accurately.
- Managing test and rollout of security patches, software upgrades, and new software applications
- Upkeep of a shared Active Directory structure, including Group Policy management
- Development of work instructions to be operated and managed by the entire Support team
- Support and troubleshooting of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012/2016 platform
- Deployment, support, maintenance and changes for IT devices, e.g. Laptops, desktops, LAN & Wi-Fi infrastructure, Security infrastructure, Compute and Storage infrastructure, Print Services, and Operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows
In order to be successful in your application for the 2nd Line Support Engineer position, you should have:
- Experience in providing end line IT support – ideally in a large environment.
- Able to build, configure, image and update new machines
- Infrastructure support skills across
- Server Technologies – MS Server
- Printer solutions,
- Networking – LAN, WAN, WLAN
- MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Other Key Points
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Either SC clearance or able to obtain it
If you are an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer, with the skills listed above and looking for a stable and exciting new opportunity in Gosport, near Portsmouth, then please send your CV to me today.