1st Line Support Engineer
Central London (EC2)
£25,000 to £28,000+ Comprehensive Benefits Shown Below
This is an outstanding opportunity for you, an experienced 1st Line Support Engineer, to join a leading organisation’s busy IT department in Central London (EC2).
About the role
The 1st Line Support Engineer is the sole onsite Support Function for the company with the 2nd and 3rd line being outsourced to a local IT company. This means that as the 1st line support engineer, you will be the 1st point of contact for day to day IT issues and maintenance.
You should therefore have around 1 years experience and feel confident in supporting desktop issues, basic server admin around Active Directory and Exchange, and be confident in helping non technical users with issues.
Your main responsibilities will include daily support incidents from staff and other stakeholders via our ticket desk. This will include:
- Desktop Support and Troubleshooting
- Basic Server Troubleshooting
- Hardware/software installation,
- Maintaining AV in meeting rooms (and supporting staff with AV facilities)
- Creating/resetting software accounts for external stakeholders.
- A salary up to a £28,000k (depending on relevant knowledge, skills and experience)
- Flexi time with the ability to generate additional leave
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Season ticket loan (on completion of probation)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company funded staff events, in the summer and at Christmas
- 26 days holiday entitlement, includes Christmas closure
- Dress-down Fridays
- A pleasant working environment in our offices in central London
- Friendly and supportive company culture
In order to be successful in your application for the 1st Line Support Engineer you need:
- Around 1 year’s experience of working on a service desk conducting 1st line tasks
- A working knowledge of:
- Windows 10 and Remote Desktop Services
- Office 2013 / 2016
- Exchange 2010 (desirable)
- Active Directory
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Mobile Devices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive attitude to change
- Experience of service desk support
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of self-management
- Excellent customer service skills
If you are an experience 1st Line IT Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Engineer and looking for an exciting opportunity with a leading company, please send your CV to me today.