Farnborough – Hybrid working 3 days office and 2 days home working
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a thriving and industry leading Software Company offering and exciting career path for your DevOps Engineer career.
Your role as a DevOps Engineer
We are looking for you, a highly motivated individual to join the Customer Success function. As the DevOps Engineer you will be key to ensuring the infrastructure and platforms are always running in their best state. You will work closely with Development Engineers and Customer Support resources, to ensure the CI/CD pipelines are well maintained.
You’ll be working across the full software development lifecycle to help improve and maintain the infrastructure and ensure our platform is stable and scalable. Built on Microsoft Azure in C#, utilising microservices and Angular – using the latest cloud technologies and functionality which you’ll be using to support the platforms and tackle technical challenges such as introducing new technologies, improving our CI/CD pipelines and phasing out legacy modules.
You will take ownership of the Azure infrastructure – including scheduling and running maintenance, as well as troubleshooting production issues. You will have the drive to evolve the Azure platform with deployments, monitoring and optimisation.
You should be able to demonstrate good communication and excellent at writing technical documentation, as well be confident in rolling up your sleeves and debugging scripts. To be successful, you must see yourself as resourceful, energetic, and enthusiastic, and strive to go the “extra mile”, especially in performing training and interacting with customers.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications for DevOps Engineer
You will need deep experience in the following areas:
- Managing and maintaining the infrastructure (Microsoft Azure) to support CI/CD pipelines, ensuring that CI/CD pipelines are well designed, maintained and implemented
- Using DevOps technologies, especially Azure DevOps but also Jenkins, TeamCity, Terraform, Ansible, and/or Chef
- Interacting and collaborating with Engineers in regard to upgrade and deployment scripts; with knowledge of XML, JSON, and/or REST
- Proposing, scheduling, and managing maintenance and upgrade windows for Azure infrastructure and services
- Troubleshooting and resolving production issues in Windows Server OS / Microsoft cloud environments, including SQL server
- 6 months to a years experience with Kubernetes
- Building and improving monitoring systems, to ensure that key systems aspects are always well-monitored and are proactively alerting
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, including Work Instructions, processes and knowledge base articles
If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer, looking for an exciting new opportunity with an industry leading company and as part of a fabulous team, please send your CV to me today as this position will go quickly!