Isle of Man
£35,000 to £50,000 Depending on experience + Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to, an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join a leading organisation on the beautiful Isle of Man.
This would suit you if you fancy relocating? The Isle of Man is beautiful and yet still close enough to stay close to your routes. But also, it has:
- A higher standard of living that England
- Virtually no crime
- Excellent schools – top notch
- 2 extra bank holidays
- A thriving IT industry.
- No Work Permit requirements anymore
As the Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting and managing a VMWare hosted environment including an internal multi-domain SSO Enterprise structure.
You will also be responsible for the implementations and 2nd line support of a variety of on-premise infrastructures for external customers. You will be primarily experienced with ESXi, VMWare, vSAN, Windows, and AD services within an IT service delivery organisation.
- Take ownership of management and maintenance of the hardware supporting our hosting environments.
- Set-up, manage and improve hardware maintenance procedures and controls.
- Set-up, manage and improve VMWare monitoring and housekeeping procedures and controls.
- Assist in completion, documentation, and ongoing management of our ADFS based SSO project.
- Take an integral part of design and implementation of new customer requirements for both on-prem and hosted solutions.
- A strong understanding of networking topologies and design, TCP/IP, DNS, and Powershell.
- Strong familiarity with Active Directory multi-domain environments, and Hosting technologies and solutions.
- Liaison with the internal functions including sales, cyber security, and support desk.
This position will suit a team player who is focused on providing a very high level of customer service via excellent communication and a determination to ensure the bests technical support is given.
Experience & qualifications
MSCE + 5-10 years’ experience including hardware, hypervisor, OS layers, and network layers within a multi-tenant environment. Implementation and support of Exchange 2016, Sharepoint, and MSSQL.